Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Angels

On the sheet of stamps with the angels, there are a couple of sayings that you just can't see:

"Some angels come for a second and leave a mark that lasts forever.
Other angels stick around forever an leave their mark by the second."

"She looked out the windows of the airplane and there on the wings sat her angels....laughing at her worries! Right before she landed they grabbed hands and walked into the clouds, never bothering to look back. If you look, you will se them everywhere."

What do you believe about angels? Such a thought-provoking question...we all have our own individual answer. Regardless of any religious beliefs, I like to think that every person I meet has the potential to be an angel in my life. I try to listen to their stories, to learn the journey their life has taken them on to date, and to (hopefully) help them take a bit of time to play as they travel along their path.

This stamp is perfect for cards of any type....but I created it to use on cards so I could tell the angels in my life how I feel about them!




Here are snippets of things I have written about them in past scrapbook pages:

She walked up to me one day and said, “I like you. I want to be your friend.” And she has been ever since. Her daily phone calls get me through whatever it is I need to get through! She is the angel on the phone.

This angel’s son ran out into the street in front of my house and was hit by a passing truck. He died instantly. She said, “It’s not your fault, it could have happened anywhere. Don’t spend your time asking ‘what if’. It’s not ‘what if’…but it is ‘what is’.

The day she got engaged, her fiance's ex-wife showed up at their door and tried to shoot her. He stepped in front of her and took the bullet and died. Her courage through all this, her ability to go on in the face of such sheer devastation showed me that she really is an angel…here to show me how to survive anything that steps in front of me.

Cancer reared its ugly head and this angel denied it permission to grow. She told it to stop and it did. That was 10 years ago. Then she adopted her 10-year-old twin granddaughters because they had nowhere else to go. Amazing things these angels will do!!!

I’ve known this angel for 40 years. We met when we were 15. We live 1000 miles apart…but when I think of her, she calls. When she thinks of me, I call. She is definitely a telepathic angel!

When her youngest son was born, she found out that all 3 of her boys had Cystic Fibrosis. She put a smile on her face and said, “Well, I guess I will just get up in the morning and dress for the doctor’s office.” And that’s pretty much what she did every day of her life. Most CF kids die before they reach 12. Her boys are in college now. What an inspiration this angel is!!!

The godmother to both of my sons, this angel was my pastor’s wife for years. She is the angel who loves my children as much as I do.

The angel who got me through graduate school! Without her sitting by me in every class, working with me on every project, and studying with me for every exam, I never would have made it!

One look at this angel and I just know she’s going to tell me a great story and make me laugh. She can find humor in anything and everything. She has eyes that brighten my world!

My angel from Pakistan. I am her children’s “white” mom and she is my son’s “brown” mom. Together we have taught them to see past the barriers of color.

Just when I thought I was getting too old to have any more adventures…in popped a brand new angel to show me that life happens every moment of every day!!!

She sent me an email one day and said, “would you like to play with me?” I never dreamed I could play so hard at this age!!!
This angel comes to play all the time.

28 years ago this tiny angel was born to me. The hardest thing I’ve had to do was to learn to let this one fly on his own!

My sweet baby son, my sweet joy. Now 23, he is the angel I worry about the most.

What would you write about the angels in your life?



Both of the angels open up and pull out with pop-ups within each "book" filling the pages with photos and stories about the angels in my life.



There are angels everywhere
You don’t have to look for them.
They touch your life with a smile
Their presence will fill the air.
In the darkest deep valley
When your life seems on the edge
They pick you up; dust you off...
Set you back up on the ledge.
Angels are everywhere,
And we are so unaware
That they are always right there

No comments: